The view from the bottom of the Eiffel Tower last fall...
I've been seeing lists all over people's blogs and I really love the idea. Some are birthday-related, like hula seventy's fantastic one, and then there is the grand Life List that Karen of Chookooloonks put together. Inspired by their lists, and others, I decided to just do it for myself - I'm excited! I turned 38 last week, and while it would be nice to complete these items by my next birthday, I'm not putting any pressure on myself to do that. This is just for fun! I may add to the list, or change what I've listed, but I will definitely be crossing out stuff as I try, do, or complete them! Wish me luck!
Here goes, in no particular order:
- Get a massage (or two)
- Take Rachel ice skating
- Try paddle boarding
- Actually use the Project Life kit I just ordered
- Learn French - enough to feel confident in short conversations - booking a hotel, buying something, making a joke!
- Have more playdates with my friends
- Raft down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon
- Read The Swiss Family Robinson and Treasure Island with the kids, preferably while hanging out in the hammock
- Get really good at making something from scratch, like spaghetti sauce or chicken noodle soup
- Take Ollie fishing - with hooks!
- Go on safari with my dad
- Start taking ballet again
- Plant sunflowers in my yard
- Make a photo book of my 2009 trip to France and Italy
- Take a photography class at PCC
- Don't travel for Christmas this year
- Ride my bike more
- Celebrate my birthday, Bastille Day, in France
- Have more spontaneous dance parties in the living room
Make a magical thinking jar
- Less coffee, more green tea
- Take Rachel horseback riding in the mountains for her birthday
- Read at least 3 classic books this year (not related to #8)
- Try surfing with Andy, but not in Oregon
- Make some of the felt softies I bought that book and supplies for
- Reorganize my closet (again)
- Keep up the hard work in pilates class!
- Plan a monthly date with Andy to do something fun, not just a movie
Go back to Hawaiidone - August 2010, but I'm keeping this one on the list
- Plan a party to celebrate a holiday, maybe Halloween or New Year's Eve
- Keep getting better at being on time - try being early!
- Take the kids kayaking or canoeing
- Create a craft space that isn't in the basement
- Eat more fruit & veggies (local, organic, you know, the good stuff)
- Get birthday cards mailed out on time to everyone this year
- Take a scooter for a ride
- Indulge in kindness and goodness
- Drink more water
- Breathe and relax