I got to have a little "Me Time" this morning! I worked out, treated myself to the most amazing mocha in the city while I wrote in my Mondo Beyondo journal, then ran over to Powell's for a quick look around. If you don't know about Powell's, here's the truth : It is the most amazing bookstore in not just the USA, not just the Northern Hemisphere, but at least the whole Solar System and probably beyond. I'm not exaggerating. I was thinking as I walked through today, "Ok, I have my plan. Bury my heart at Powell's." (Nobody would find it - trust me!) This place is worth a trip to Portland on its own. Book your tickets - you can stay at my house!
I went in there to find this book, which I did find, however I also found no less than 300 other books that I wanted to adopt. What to do? What to do? Here are my choices...
All four for $30 bucks and change! These are all used, but you wouldn't know it. Here are some of the things I read while flipping through these, and I'm so excited to learn/try/experiment:
- Right where you are sitting - Write ten things about where you are sitting right now that you didn't notice when you sat down. This is an exercise in seeing what is important to us that may be "hiding in plain sight."
- How to cure hiccups
- Try facial yoga to release the jaw
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Make a cookbook of your favorite recipes
- How to comfort a friend
- Honor yourself - just do what you love to do, without making excuses for why you shouldn't
- Go roller skating! Oh yeah, I can do that one!
As you can see, I'm on a little bit of a self-discovery journey. Mondo Beyondo is totally helping me to get started, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it takes me! Tell me what you're working on - especially if you're in Mondo Beyondo with me! : )