8.16.2010

Oregon Coast Adventures


As in summers past, we've spent the majority of our weekends out at the Coast. It takes about two hours to get there from Portland, but the time flies as you travel up and over the Coast Range. Once you hit that sight of Haystack Rock from Hwy 101, you roll down the windows and take a deep breath! Yes, salty! Yes, wet air! Yes, we're almost there!

Because my husband is absolutely addicted to surfing, and because my kids seem happiest when they are tasting, smelling and rubbing their whole bodies in nature, our beautiful Coast is just the thing. Well, the surfing isn't all that, but don't tell anybody. Last weekend when we were out there, we ran into some school friends, plus their friends, and wall-ah! Instant party! The kids ran around like total coocoo-birds for hours, I got to take a million pictures, and life was good.

Here is a little sampling of the pictures, but please visit my flickr photostream to see the whole day. It's worth it, I promise! Well, I think so anyway.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're photo's are beautiful!

Dave said...

what a great day that was