12.25.2011

High Desert Holiday


We made it out to Sunriver a few days ago, and have been enjoying taking it easy ever since. We've come out here for many Christmases over the years, but this year is different due to a shocking lack of snow. I know what it looks like in that picture up there, but that is one of Oregon's locally-grown, organic volcanoes, and they show off like that all year. 

Our "snowball fight" included a slightly dangerous mash-up of dirt and ice, as well as a lot of giggling. I was happy to have stayed out of it by yelling, "Lady with a camera!" Lucky for me, my kids don't have great aim yet.

That turquoise sky! Such a treat for a Portlander who is dreading the rest of winter.

Lots of fun, lots of sun, tree strapped to the top of the car...mission accomplished! Hope you're enjoying the holidays in your own way. Please share! I'd love some comments for Christmas...they're free even!

2 comments:

sarah w. said...

I lovelovelove the flare you caught. It's beautiful.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

I miss you! :)

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful day you had last year in the snow. I love your light filled images and descriptions of your day. Tracie/red